XplicitPerformance.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Performance Cars and Trucks!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to XplicitPerformance!!!!
Latest topics
» whats going on every one is gone or what!!!!
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 13:13 by XplicitPerformance

» old member from rgv carlos with 78 vette
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyDecember 25th 2014, 23:35 by stingreyvette78

» kid+m3=lol
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 8th 2014, 13:28 by godmachine

» WANTED: T-5 TRANSMISSION
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyJuly 29th 2014, 10:28 by blksaleen

» whats going on Dru?
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyMay 29th 2014, 23:15 by XplicitPerformance

» 2003 Torch Red Turbo Cobra For Sale!
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyApril 24th 2014, 17:36 by Trailer Trash Racer

» Brand new 18" 2014 Mustang GT premium wheels & tires for sale.
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 16:43 by Sneaky Snake

» WANTED5.0 302 cu engine
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 11:15 by blksaleen

» newbie from houston,tx
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 30th 2013, 15:43 by neto_esa panic

Similar topics
May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 262 on April 11th 2021, 10:26
XplicitPerformance Links
Xplicit Myspace Xplicit YouTube Xplicit Facebook Houston Auto Locators Facbook Clear Lake Speed

LIL QIK's Syclone Project

Go down 
+16
godmachine
XplicitCobra
SSoniC
svtpops
Htown89
Bryn
SixPtSlo
SouthsideSpeedshop
Jerry03cobra
LaSlomaro
Project-LX
Qikss
NINO_SS
The_Goat
XplicitPerformance
LIL QIK
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
v8sten
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
v8sten

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2010, 22:39

LIL QIK wrote:
Qikss wrote:
putting it to the ground will be the hard part just because he will not put slicks on it "it's a street truck" he says.
This is true....but if it came down to needing it....I would be willing to change the brakes back to stock size and throwing 15" Drag Radials on it. This is why I was talking about having a complete factory spindle and bake setup ready just in case. But like I said....even those would be drag radials. No ET Streets or Slicks. But I would really like to be able to take the spot with drag radials and a/c....lol. I'd like do it in a full weight...full amenity truck. All the other guys that I know of that have taken their trucks deep into the single digits have done it without all their luxury's. I just don't want mine to be one of those trucks.

well since my little incident, ive been thinking the same thing. itll be more cluttered under the hood, but summer is coming and it would be nice to cruise around in a/c .............................. then bust out a singe digit 1/4 mile slip
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/don94
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyMarch 23rd 2010, 23:54

v8sten wrote:

well since my little incident, ive been thinking the same thing. itll be more cluttered under the hood, but summer is coming and it would be nice to cruise around in a/c .............................. then bust out a singe digit 1/4 mile slip
Yeap...I think your truck is sick as hell just like it is. But having the a/c and the other luxury's takes it to another level in my opinion. Not to take anything away from anyone else ofcourse.....I just tend to have a different standard for my vehicles. But then again....that may be why it takes so long to get the damn things done....lol.
Back to top Go down
NINO_SS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NINO_SS

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyMarch 24th 2010, 07:36

off topic- but i think this may be one of the longest thread
Back to top Go down
My_Six-Oooh_GTOOH!!!
Newb
Newb
My_Six-Oooh_GTOOH!!!

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyMarch 24th 2010, 12:47

nice that hoe looks sick
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 24th 2010, 20:34

Well.....it's been a while. Amazing how fast time can go by. But after having a little bit of a meltdown and almost selling everything.....I decided to go ahead and make the next big purchase. I've been waiting a long time to get this in.... So I apologize if I look a little dorky with a shit eatin grin on my face....lol

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03401

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03399

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03397

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03396

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03395

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03394

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03393

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03391

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03389

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 DSC03388

I designed this intercooler to become part of the core support. Bell Intercoolers made it for me of some drawings that I had sent them. The core is 36" wide, 12" tall and 6" thick. Dual 3" inlets and a single 4" outlet. All the tanks are made from 3/16 plate along with the side plates and welded inside and out. They tested it to 50psi...which is I guess their standard test pressures with their standard thickness plate. I requested the 3/16" for some extra structual reasoning and said it should be good to more than 75psi. Don't worry....I have no intention of pushing it that hard....lol..All in all I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out....now just have to finish fabbing it in and get back to work on the truck....
Back to top Go down
v8sten
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
v8sten

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 24th 2010, 21:52

good lord that intercooler is just a itty bitty little thing now isnt it.

its freaking huge
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/don94
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 24th 2010, 22:13

That thing looks monster! Now I just have one question....will the radiator still mount behind it or are you relocating the radiator to a flat mount parallel to the ground?
Back to top Go down
https://xplicitperformance.forumotion.com
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 24th 2010, 22:39

XplicitPerformance wrote:
That thing looks monster! Now I just have one question....will the radiator still mount behind it or are you relocating the radiator to a flat mount parallel to the ground?
Radiator and all coolers are going in the bed.....
Back to top Go down
mr oddball
Newb
Newb
mr oddball

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 00:13

COOL BUILD ...Coming from another turbo guy....very good choice on the radiator and cooler thing in the bed ...I had to all 250lbs the rear of my truck to get it to work ...I used to run the intercooler in the bed and it worked great......good luck on the build..
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 00:15

LIL QIK wrote:
XplicitPerformance wrote:
Radiator and all coolers are going in the bed.....

sounds like a good idea! Keep the pics coming! I can't wait to see this monster complete!
Back to top Go down
Bryn
Newb
Newb
Bryn

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 08:07

That looks BIGGER than the mock-up. I cant wait until it finished!!
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 08:19

Bryn wrote:
That looks BIGGER than the mock-up. I cant wait until it finished!!
It's a lot heavier than the mock up as well. I would have never thought a bunch of aluminum could way so much. It shipped in at 98 pounds. Granted...10-15 of that was probably the box and all the paper they packed around it.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 25th 2010, 08:21

mr oddball wrote:
COOL BUILD ...Coming from another turbo guy....very good choice on the radiator and cooler thing in the bed ...I had to all 250lbs the rear of my truck to get it to work ...I used to run the intercooler in the bed and it worked great......good luck on the build..
I noticed in another thread that you had a turbo ranger or something like that. Do you have a thread on it somewhere? If so....shoot me a link....would like to check it out.
Back to top Go down
Tata
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 17:42

Good stuff there david! I need to get with Marv about the route of my camaro and shoot the shit!

Kyle
Back to top Go down
godmachine
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
godmachine

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 27th 2010, 19:32

sickest build ever
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 28th 2010, 09:06

Tata wrote:
Good stuff there david! I need to get with Marv about the route of my camaro and shoot the shit!

Kyle
Hey what's up Kyle. How's it been going and welcome to XP. I heard you were throwing together your own little Camaro setup....
Back to top Go down
Tata
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 13:37

Yeah still trying to decide how deep I want to dive into this project. Just glad I bought a daily so I'm not trying to always have it done and perfect to get to work lol
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 13:39

Tata wrote:
Yeah still trying to decide how deep I want to dive into this project. Just glad I bought a daily so I'm not trying to always have it done and perfect to get to work lol

Go all out the first time...once you get into it you will regret not going more into it then you originally did!
Back to top Go down
Tata
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptyAugust 31st 2010, 21:37

Oh yeah it'll be done right from the get go, just still trying to work out my route as far as motor options and F/I or nitrous. Decisions decisions lol
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptySeptember 1st 2010, 09:14

Tata wrote:
Oh yeah it'll be done right from the get go, just still trying to work out my route as far as motor options and F/I or nitrous. Decisions decisions lol
Careful Kyle.....it's a sicknes as I'm sure you're well aware of. We start modifying our daily drivers....then all the sudden they're not daily drivers anymore....lol. And don't let Dru talk you into anything. Just ask him how many times is daily driver has been in the tranny shop....lol.

Speaking of Dru....how's this latest one holding up. I know you've been out having some fun in it...
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 EmptySeptember 1st 2010, 11:56

So far so good! *knocks on wood* after they replaced all the hard parts the transmission hasn't skipped a beat. I monitor tranny temps pretty well though. I will be giving the TBSS to Mrs. XP sometime after the new year. Who knows what I am going to get...I may do the smart thing and buy a truck or I may do what I want to do and buy an 04 cobra Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

LIL QIK's Syclone Project
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4