XplicitPerformance.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Performance Cars and Trucks!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to XplicitPerformance!!!!
Latest topics
» whats going on every one is gone or what!!!!
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 13:13 by XplicitPerformance

» old member from rgv carlos with 78 vette
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyDecember 25th 2014, 23:35 by stingreyvette78

» kid+m3=lol
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyAugust 8th 2014, 13:28 by godmachine

» WANTED: T-5 TRANSMISSION
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyJuly 29th 2014, 10:28 by blksaleen

» whats going on Dru?
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyMay 29th 2014, 23:15 by XplicitPerformance

» 2003 Torch Red Turbo Cobra For Sale!
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 24th 2014, 17:36 by Trailer Trash Racer

» Brand new 18" 2014 Mustang GT premium wheels & tires for sale.
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 16:43 by Sneaky Snake

» WANTED5.0 302 cu engine
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 11:15 by blksaleen

» newbie from houston,tx
Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyAugust 30th 2013, 15:43 by neto_esa panic

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 262 on April 11th 2021, 10:26
XplicitPerformance Links
Xplicit Myspace Xplicit YouTube Xplicit Facebook Houston Auto Locators Facbook Clear Lake Speed

Smoking a little Rich..

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

Smoking a little Rich.. Empty
PostSubject: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 10th 2010, 23:39

Well, since I have bought this car it has smoked a little. It smells a little rich. It only does it at idle. It smells a little rich.It has a Holley 255 lph fuel pump in it. I thought maybe fuel was staying in the head chambers and just burning out but when I blew the other motor and put this DSS short block in it, I had the heads worked on and it still does it. Hell I dunno what else to look at. I got a new MAF Sensor and I am gonna see if it helps any. Its just today in Nashville we were in the car and there was a major back up. I hated people looking at the car looking fvck'n good and that little smoke coming out.
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 11th 2010, 00:11

Do u think maybe it could be my fuel pressure regulator. I have a Kirban Fuel Pressure Regulator. Can the 2 o-rings on it be replaced or do I get a new one.
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 11th 2010, 10:33

Whats the fuel pressure set at?
Back to top Go down
https://xplicitperformance.forumotion.com
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 11th 2010, 10:46

It set around 38 for regular driving. I'll bump it up if gonna run. What do u have urs set at?
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 11th 2010, 16:43

38 should be plenty...whats your timing set at?
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 11th 2010, 21:24

Timing is at 12. I am thinking of replacing the O2 sensors, EGR Valve, and Fuel Pressure Regulator.
Back to top Go down
Slobra
Slobra

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 17th 2010, 11:26

You can check your regulator quick and dirty by pulling the vaccum line and sucking... fuel in your mouth? Bad regulator!

The only other thing I think everyone needs is an oil seperator on the PCV system.

If you have a bad regulator and stock PCV setup, you have a dirty intake. Could take some time to burn off the oil once corrected.
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 17th 2010, 23:18

Well, I read on a thread yesterday that some people have had problems with the computers on Sn-95's cuz the computer is making an injector to stay stuck open and its flooding it. So its burning the raw fuel but its always staying open. So, I am gonna replace those things anyways but I am gonna look for another computer, preferably an A9L out of a Fox. If anybody has one for sale or knows anybody that will sell one, please let me know.
Back to top Go down
Slobra
Slobra

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 18th 2010, 12:59

The computer won't make an injector stay open unless it's programmed to. If you're leaking fuel past the diaphram in the regulator, it goes into the intake and is randomly distributed to whatever cylinder it feels like. You'll still maintain pressure, but some cylinders are starved through the injectors, while others are saturated through the intake. Very misleading to diagnose. I just replaced mine last month for the same thing (and a friend recently had the same problem on a bike). Always start simple (and cheap!).

You don't want an A9L. My J4j1 is great once I changed the shitty stock parameters. The older EEC's have slower processors, & less ROM... they just have more forgiving parameters to accommodate mods. It's not a better EEC. If I hated it that bad I would go aftermarket ECM before I regressed to an A9L.

Just my 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 18th 2010, 16:30

They say the SN computers have much faster processors and once programmed properly surpass the A9L capabilities. I think its just a matter of finding someone competent enough to tune the newer computer.
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 18th 2010, 20:24

Well, I just got some new 24#'s, a new MAF, and I am gonna get new O2 sensors, EGR valve, and a new Regulator. Dru didn't u have an adjustable u were selling?
Back to top Go down
Slobra
Slobra

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. EmptyApril 18th 2010, 20:47

I just bought a Mallory rebuildable with an extra diaphram.

On the EGR... I was pulling codes (signal out of range I think), changed the valve and sensor seperately, neither worked. I just capped it off @ the header, plugged the vaccum line, and shut it off in the EEC. Works like a champ!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smoking a little Rich..   Smoking a little Rich.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Smoking a little Rich..
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
XplicitPerformance.com :: General Tech :: Ford Tech-
Jump to: