XplicitPerformance.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Performance Cars and Trucks!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to XplicitPerformance!!!!
Latest topics
» whats going on every one is gone or what!!!!
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 13:13 by XplicitPerformance

» old member from rgv carlos with 78 vette
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyDecember 25th 2014, 23:35 by stingreyvette78

» kid+m3=lol
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyAugust 8th 2014, 13:28 by godmachine

» WANTED: T-5 TRANSMISSION
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyJuly 29th 2014, 10:28 by blksaleen

» whats going on Dru?
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyMay 29th 2014, 23:15 by XplicitPerformance

» 2003 Torch Red Turbo Cobra For Sale!
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyApril 24th 2014, 17:36 by Trailer Trash Racer

» Brand new 18" 2014 Mustang GT premium wheels & tires for sale.
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 16:43 by Sneaky Snake

» WANTED5.0 302 cu engine
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 11:15 by blksaleen

» newbie from houston,tx
LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyAugust 30th 2013, 15:43 by neto_esa panic

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 262 on April 11th 2021, 10:26
XplicitPerformance Links
Xplicit Myspace Xplicit YouTube Xplicit Facebook Houston Auto Locators Facbook Clear Lake Speed

LIL QIK's Syclone Project

Go down 
+16
godmachine
XplicitCobra
SSoniC
svtpops
Htown89
Bryn
SixPtSlo
SouthsideSpeedshop
Jerry03cobra
LaSlomaro
Project-LX
Qikss
NINO_SS
The_Goat
XplicitPerformance
LIL QIK
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
SouthsideSpeedshop

LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 19:53

lol don't be ignorant, that's still a 305 cibic inch motor.. not exactly small, not even close if you ask me... hell its bigger than most mod motor cars and they have v8s... I would put money on this making 800 to 1000 easy.. which is more than most v8s will make reliably.... I would take this over any old school small block ford or chevy.. those bowtie motor cars get it done especially when limited to a cetain size turbo

Htown89 wrote:
Sick....add two more cylinders and that's shit your self for sure. LOL Looks like you've done it right for sure. So tiny of a motor, but I'm sure it's going to scream..
Back to top Go down
Htown89

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 21:46

Ignorant? I know what it'll do I was saying if it blows and he does change that's even more of a beast......he mentioned changing to a v8 when it blows....so I'm saying it's going to be a beast now so I can only imagine a v8 with the kind of stuff you've put on this one. All good stuff....plus I've seen what a GN does with 6 and ONE bigger turbo.. This one is a six with lots of power. I don't doubt you get close to your numbers if not better. That setup is very very nice. It does look funny to me when you look at the heads and only see three intake ports. I can only imagine that setup on another 2cylinders....
Back to top Go down
Bryn
Newb
Newb
Bryn

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 21:50

I magine that Dave will correct me if I am wrong. That v6 make just over 400 hp n/a with a carb and headers. Which is more power then most v8 make.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 22:09

Htown89 wrote:
Ignorant? I know what it'll do I was saying if it blows and he does change that's even more of a beast......he mentioned changing to a v8 when it blows....so I'm saying it's going to be a beast now so I can only imagine a v8 with the kind of stuff you've put on this one. All good stuff....plus I've seen what a GN does with 6 and ONE bigger turbo.. This one is a six with lots of power. I don't doubt you get close to your numbers if not better. That setup is very very nice. It does look funny to me when you look at the heads and only see three intake ports. I can only imagine that setup on another 2cylinders....
This is true...if the motor ever does break on me....then I will replace with with a much larger cubic inch bowtie SBC. For what it cost me to build this little v6 I could have build 2 or maybe even 3 bowtie v8's or LSX motors. It's not the greatest feeling knowing that....but I'll know better next time....lol. But I'm going to do my best to keep this in the "safe" realm.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 22:19

Bryn wrote:
I magine that Dave will correct me if I am wrong. That v6 make just over 400 hp n/a with a carb and headers. Which is more power then most v8 make.
That's correct Bryn. When we broke the motor in on the dyno...we decided to go ahead and make a max pull for the hell of it. With a 650 carb, 1-1/2 headers and absolutely no tuning....it made a little over 400hp. This was no adjustments in the carb, no playing with the timing and headers that were extrememly small for this combo. My exhaust ports on the heads are huge compared to the headers that we used....lol. Anyway....most of this motors in my configuration when tuned tend to make over 500hp n/a on the dyno. My heads are higher flowing than most high performance v8's along with my rather large solid roller cam. I kind of think one of my biggest challenges will be getting it to be managable in the lower rpm's while cruising on the street. Like I said before.......This is suppose to be more of a street machine than a track machine. I have no doubts it will perform well in the upper rpm's. But supposedly the tuner that helped me design the motor....says it won't be a problem. So we'll see.
Back to top Go down
SouthsideSpeedshop

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 22:36

Traveling the road less traveled is always going to be more expensive and more of a challenge...

But in the end, as long as nothing is breaking, and you dont have any issues its worth it...

Its very seldom that i wish i would have gone with a more conventional setup, but then the first time someone doesnt believe me when i tell them the power it made, or the numbers it ran, for being a little over 2v mod motor, it makes it all worth while again.

LIL QIK wrote:
Htown89 wrote:
This is true...if the motor ever does break on me....then I will replace with with a much larger cubic inch bowtie SBC. For what it cost me to build this little v6 I could have build 2 or maybe even 3 bowtie v8's or LSX motors. It's not the greatest feeling knowing that....but I'll know better next time....lol. But I'm going to do my best to keep this in the "safe" realm.
Back to top Go down
Htown89

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 22:42

Bryn wrote:
I would think you mean stock v8s.....not modded v8s...but that's alot for a v6 no doubt. with some turbos on it that's big power.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 22:50

SouthsideSpeedshop wrote:
Traveling the road less traveled is always going to be more expensive and more of a challenge...

But in the end, as long as nothing is breaking, and you dont have any issues its worth it...

Its very seldom that i wish i would have gone with a more conventional setup, but then the first time someone doesnt believe me when i tell them the power it made, or the numbers it ran, for being a little over 2v mod motor, it makes it all worth while again.
This is true....I'm sure there will be plenty of people surprised of the performance....and to an extent....will make it all worth it. Well...that and the idea of driving such a monster around....lol
Back to top Go down
SouthsideSpeedshop

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 14th 2010, 23:20

I would venture to say, most of your average 5.0 fox builds wont break 400rwhp through an auto... 400rwhp is alot NA, esspecially when you take into accout the fact that its a motor built for boost, and not to mention a street motor.

My car only made 330rwhp NA, through a stick, and with about 11 lbs its probly making in the 600 650 range, with a single 74mm turbo..

I bet this car on 15lbs, makes 800 850 easy...

Htown89 wrote:
Bryn wrote:
I would think you mean stock v8s.....not modded v8s...but that's alot for a v6 no doubt. with some turbos on it that's big power.
Back to top Go down
Qikss
Newb
Newb
Qikss

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 15th 2010, 02:17

Closer to 1000 hp at 15# of boost , and he plans on as much as 45# of boost. So you tell me if that is not some monster power. I know how much power we are shooting for. David will not tell any body just incase he does not reach his numbers , but trust me it's f**kn up there. There is a reason why he only has the best parts in it and it's not to settle with 1000 hp. This thang was built to take that number one spot in the fastest SyTy's and it will have the power to do it , putting it to the ground will be the hard part just because he will not put slicks on it "it's a street truck" he says. And he wants to go after the 8.80 on 18in drag radials. That just my $ 0.02
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 15th 2010, 10:41

Qikss wrote:
putting it to the ground will be the hard part just because he will not put slicks on it "it's a street truck" he says.
This is true....but if it came down to needing it....I would be willing to change the brakes back to stock size and throwing 15" Drag Radials on it. This is why I was talking about having a complete factory spindle and bake setup ready just in case. But like I said....even those would be drag radials. No ET Streets or Slicks. But I would really like to be able to take the spot with drag radials and a/c....lol. I'd like do it in a full weight...full amenity truck. All the other guys that I know of that have taken their trucks deep into the single digits have done it without all their luxury's. I just don't want mine to be one of those trucks.
Back to top Go down
SSoniC
SSoniC

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 15th 2010, 15:48

whats all left ? it looks killer
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 15th 2010, 15:55

SSoniC wrote:
whats all left ? it looks killer
Well...the main things are get the intercooler ordered, get the fuel cell done, get the instrument panel done, get the frame boxed and triangulated 4-link done......and would really like to get the cage in it. But the cage just may have to wait. Especially if I can't find someone priced reasonable. It's got a long way to go before I would consider it finished....but those are the main things I need to be able to put it on the road. And then ofcourse once it's on the road....I'll need to get the tuner on it to finish it all up power wise. But my goal as of right now is to be able to actually drive it in about 6-7 months.
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 18th 2010, 22:39

Damn that's Sweet. What size r the rear wheels?
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 18th 2010, 23:18

XplicitCobra wrote:
They're 18x12's running 345's
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 00:29

Still just plain sick!
Back to top Go down
https://xplicitperformance.forumotion.com
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 12:05

[quote="LIL QIK"]
XplicitCobra wrote:
They're 18x12's running 345's[/quote ]

Sweet! I have some 335's that I am putting on the SNAKE... I think it will look KILLER!!
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 12:32

XplicitCobra wrote:
Sweet! I have some 335's that I am putting on the SNAKE... I think it will look KILLER!!
Yeap....I think 335's on a Cobra would look extremely tough!
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 19th 2010, 21:59

LIL QIK wrote:
XplicitCobra wrote:
Yeap....I think 335's on a Cobra would look extremely tough!

I just haven't put them on since it's winter and it's been snowing like a MoFo up here. They r 335/30/18'S Toyo Proxes.
Back to top Go down
NINO_SS
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
NINO_SS

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 13:49

Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 14:08

damn I didnt realize Syclones were so limited.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 14:19

NINO_SS wrote:
found something http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/album.php?albumid=8835

Yeap...that guys on the Sy/Ty boards. The LSX swap is becoming pretty popular....but for some reason...no one seems to be cranking out anything over 600 or so at the wheels with them. It's kind of boggled my mind as to why. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before someone cranks up the boost on one that's built to turn some good numbers.

Yea Dru....they only the made the Syclone for one year....and pumped out 2995 of them. They made the Typhoon for 2 years with about 4700 of those being made.
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 18:30

damn those things bring a pretty penny I bet. Thats pretty rare!
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyFebruary 23rd 2010, 21:27

XplicitPerformance wrote:
damn those things bring a pretty penny I bet. Thats pretty rare!
For one that's in decent shape....you'll see them for about 10-12k. For one that's in good shape and low miles (under 85k) they'll go for about 14-18k.
Back to top Go down
godmachine
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
godmachine

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 EmptyMarch 23rd 2010, 01:51

This has got to be the nicest syclone ever. Grats
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's Syclone Project   LIL QIK's Syclone Project - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

LIL QIK's Syclone Project
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next