XplicitPerformance.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home of Performance Cars and Trucks!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Welcome to XplicitPerformance!!!!
Latest topics
» whats going on every one is gone or what!!!!
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 18th 2015, 13:13 by XplicitPerformance

» old member from rgv carlos with 78 vette
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyDecember 25th 2014, 23:35 by stingreyvette78

» kid+m3=lol
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 8th 2014, 13:28 by godmachine

» WANTED: T-5 TRANSMISSION
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyJuly 29th 2014, 10:28 by blksaleen

» whats going on Dru?
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyMay 29th 2014, 23:15 by XplicitPerformance

» 2003 Torch Red Turbo Cobra For Sale!
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 24th 2014, 17:36 by Trailer Trash Racer

» Brand new 18" 2014 Mustang GT premium wheels & tires for sale.
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyJanuary 4th 2014, 16:43 by Sneaky Snake

» WANTED5.0 302 cu engine
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyOctober 21st 2013, 11:15 by blksaleen

» newbie from houston,tx
LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyAugust 30th 2013, 15:43 by neto_esa panic

Similar topics
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 262 on April 11th 2021, 10:26
XplicitPerformance Links
Xplicit Myspace Xplicit YouTube Xplicit Facebook Houston Auto Locators Facbook Clear Lake Speed

LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)

Go down 
+8
SouthsideSpeedshop
NINO_SS
Sleeper
1low04
Bryn
LaSlomaro
XplicitPerformance
LIL QIK
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 14:53

v8sten wrote:
is that an old banks TT setup?

yeap...those are the old Banks manifolds from the 80's. I modified them to allow more wastegate control...

Yeap....she's got good low end torque. Would really like to upgrade the wheels and tires for some more rubber....but am trying to keep it in sleeper status as much as possible. Like I said....this will be my daily driver. Had a lot of fun in it this weekend....lol. Plus....if I can manage to leave it alone...I can get back on my Syclone and get some vids of that rolling down the road.....preferrably under it's own power....lol
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 15:02

Yeah those roads look very familiar Smile
Back to top Go down
https://xplicitperformance.forumotion.com
Bryn
Newb
Newb
Bryn

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 15:17

It looks really good Dave. Im glad to see it actually on the road. Now its time to have some fun in it...lol
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 15:47

Bryn wrote:
It looks really good Dave. Im glad to see it actually on the road. Now its time to have some fun in it...lol

who wants to run a stock LT1??? Cool
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 17:11

LMAO.. Crazy MoFo.. that donut vid was the Shit for a TT Impala.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 17:22

Yea.....I have to admit....I was having a lot of fun in it this past weekend.
Back to top Go down
XplicitCobra
XP Member
XP Member

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 17:28

Shit I bet it was. just tripped out to see a TT Impala..
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 11th 2011, 23:21

LIL QIK wrote:
Yea.....I have to admit....I was having a lot of fun in it this past weekend.

hows the transmission holding up? In one of the vids I thought I heard the infamous 2-3 flare that plagues the 4L60s.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 12th 2011, 08:55

XplicitPerformance wrote:

hows the transmission holding up? In one of the vids I thought I heard the infamous 2-3 flare that plagues the 4L60s.

The tranny has held up better than I thought it would. But yea....it does act a little funny around the 2-3. I've got an extra 4L80e that I'm planning on putting into it.....but need to get the crossmember, adapter harness and pcm reprogrammed before I can do it. So I'm planning on trust trying to keep the tire smoking to a minimal for a while and get the extra tranny coolers mounted into the car. Hopefully that in itself will help. There were some episodes that you could tell the transmission was really hot and wouldn't even engage first the way it should. The radiator needs to be upgraded as well. When I stay in the boost for an unusual amount of time (up in the 140mph+ neighborhood).....the temps get a little higher than wanted as well. All in all....it does fine under normal driving with spirited points of driving. Really happy with where it's headed and going.
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 12th 2011, 12:24

is it a problem with the under hood temps or just the intercoolers being in front of the radiator? I have problems in the summer with my truck getting warm. I think it has alot to do with under hood temperatures. I really want to get a cowl hood that will extract heat and maybe coat the headers I have as they are just stainless.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 12th 2011, 13:12

In all reality....I think it's a combination of both. Now that the system is back together and everything seems to be working fine....the next time I take it down I'm planning on getting everything coated. I didn't have a chance to do it this time as I've been anxious to see how everything was going to work. But being as we're planning on doubling the boost I think a larger radiator will come in handy. I also have some hood louvers that I was planning on installing to help out as well. Kind of wanted to stay away from changing the exterior too much....but it just may be necessary. Really just need to figure out how far I want to take the Impala. I have continuous thoughts about selling the Syclone and just having the Impala and the Camaro......so I really just need to figure all of that out as well. All decisions are dependant on what would be my playtoy and so forth.....lol. I really like the Impala....and have had some crazy thoughs about what I could make it... :-) But trying to not go overboard like I've done with everything else.
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 12th 2011, 13:53

I couldn't see you selling the Syclone but damn if I could come up with the money I would buy it in a heartbeat!
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 13:40

yea....I can't see me selling the Syclone either. It's the only thing that I have that could potentially hang with the big dogs in Houston.....atleast hope to!
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 15:03

We are in the same boat....we both have cars near completion that we just can't seem to finish.
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 15:20

Do yours keep you up at night too? That's how I know I'm obsessed....lol
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 15:24

sometimes and every time I go to the track i get pissed off a little more LOL
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 15:35

yeap....one of the main reasons I don't hit the track anymore....or haven't lately
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 15:50

LIL QIK wrote:
yeap....one of the main reasons I don't hit the track anymore....or haven't lately

I will probably go out there Saturday night for the truck shoot out thing just to scope out the competition. I need to see if I have to step up the XPTBSS or just leave it alone....
Back to top Go down
LIL QIK
LIL QIK

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 13th 2011, 16:04

Well....once the Syclone is on the road (hopefully sometime this year....lol) I imagine I'll be making a trip to the track just about every weekened trying to get everything dialed in and the suspension setup. Make good use of the car hauler for once. That will be a nice time.....as long as I can keep from breaking the damn thing.
Back to top Go down
mruvio
Newb
Newb

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 14th 2011, 00:03

If u ever plan on getinng rid of the syclone i will sell one of my kidnies to buy it. But seriosly i would be very interested
Back to top Go down
XplicitPerformance
Admin
XplicitPerformance

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 EmptyApril 14th 2011, 13:27

mruvio wrote:
If u ever plan on getinng rid of the syclone i will sell one of my kidnies to buy it. But seriosly i would be very interested

yeah that syclone is one beast of a truck! i wish it was ready for this weekend. It's time Houston knows where the fast trucks really are.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)   LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

LIL QIK's '96 Impala SS (Project Daily Driver)
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3